Here we offer details about exactly what’s in our granola, along with some great ways to eat it.
Is granola keto-friendly?
Most brands of packaged granola are not keto-friendly.
Typically, granola is made with carbohydrate-rich oats, dried fruits, honey or other sweeteners and unhealthy vegetable oils.
What is keto granola?
Keto granola is free of carb-heavy ingredients. Usually, these are replaced with healthy seeds and nuts.
Many keto granolas contain artificial sweeteners – some of which raise health concerns.
BenBanter’s granola is an exception. It contains absolutely no nasties; just real, nutritious foods.
What ingredients are in BenBanter’s keto granola?
BenBanter’s Cinnamon & Ginger Keto Granola contains macadamia nuts, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, almonds, ginger, spices and coconut oil.
What ingredients are in BenBanter’s low-carb granola?
Our Low-Carb Almond & Cocoa Nib Granola contains sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, linseeds, almonds, almond flour, honey, coconut oil, pumpkin seeds, cocoa nibs, cocoa powder, flavouring and salt.
Although honey isn’t a keto-approved ingredient, the tiny amount in our low-carb granola shouldn’t mess with your ketones and it helps make the granola a favourite with our customers. (Just to be safe, we haven’t used the keto moniker, preferring “low carb” as the correct description for this product).
How can you enjoy granola in a keto diet?
Our granola is ideal as a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert.
Here are six quick ways to help you enjoy our granola as part of your keto lifestyle (or try one of the recipes further below):
- with full-cream yoghurt, berries and shaved coconut for breakfast
- as a quick energy-fix trailmix
- sprinkled over your favourite keto ice-cream
- whisked into a smoothie
- tossed through a salad for crunch and texture
- as a decadent treat with BenBanter’s low-carb chocolate mousse and thick cream.
BenBanter’s granola packs a punch in these recipes
BenBanter’s granolas can be used as ingredients in a wide range of keto-friendly recipes.
- Thanks to NomNomPrincess for using our low-carb granola in her delicious recipe, No Bake Low Carb Chocolate Granola Clusters.
- Try No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars, ideal for taking to work, enjoying after a workout or grabbing any time as a quick, satisfying snack.
- Grind the Cinnamon & Ginger Keto Granola with a little almond flour to replace breadcrumbs as a coating for chicken, fish or vegetables.
- Use the ground Cinnamon & Ginger Keto Granola to replace breadcrumbs in traditional stuffing recipes.
- Choose Almond & Cocoa Nib Low Carb Granola to replace oats in a delicious low-carb mixed berry crumble. Simply layer berries in an oven-proof dish, top with our nutty, chocolaty keto granola and bake at 180° Celsius for 30 minutes. Serve warm with a good dollop of double cream.
- Create granola bars. To do this, combine:
- 2 cups of granola
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp melted almond butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- a handful of 85% dark (or sugar-free) chocolate chips
- a pinch of salt.
Pack the mixture down very firmly, until it holds together, in a lined 8×8 inch pan. Bake at 180° Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool before cutting. They’re a little crumbly but delicious.
Who can eat low-carb and keto granola?
Our granola isn’t just for those following a keto diet. It’s ideal if you’re looking for low-sugar granola, Banting granola, Paleo granola, gluten-free granola, vegan granola, granola for diabetics or simply healthy breakfast granola.
How much granola is one serving?
A standard serving of our granola is about two-thirds of a cup, or 45 grams.
However, this is a rough average.
The serving that suits you will depend on your hunger, activity level, calorie needs and intake of other foods.
How long will granola stay fresh?
Our granola will keep fresh for months if stored in an airtight container in a reasonably cool, dry environment.
Be guided by the “best before” date on your pack.
Especially in humid places, a great tip is to store our granola in the fridge. This will lengthen its shelf life.